Veynd.com Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: VE1N Inc
Address: 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958, County of Sussex
The term 'company' refers to the owner of the website, “VE1N Inc” (which we may refer to as “VE1N”, “Veynd”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”).
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal contact details, which may include name, title, address (both billing and delivery addresses), email address and telephone number(s).
- Your date of birth and age, gender, and the name of any delivery recipient.
- The details related to, or connected to, the products that you have ordered from us.
- Your device data when you use our website. This may include information about the specific device you use, such as laptop or desktop computer, the timezone, the IP address, device type including the mobile (cell) phone, the mobile (cellular) network, your mobile operating system (OS), location data, which may include your current location as disclosed by your own software. Note that we do not use location tracking software.
- Your customer account details, including your username, your order history, communication preferences, including feedback and responses to our Customer Services team
- Payment details and the payment card details you used for orders and refunds.
- Any Terms and Conditions (T&Cs), or Terms of Sale, relevant to your relationship with us.
- Any communications between yourself and VE1N.
- Any data that you provide to us directly about your social media handles or accounts or which we have access to when you connect with and/or follow or like us. This also includes your social media photograph, date of birth, your location, your occupation and interests, product/services endorsements and any other information or content you have made available via these social media accounts.
- Your responses to and the results of surveys.
- Information related to the prevention of fraud, which may include details of other transactions you have been involved in.
- Applications to enter or attend competitions and promotions and any results or other related personal information.
- Applications to attend events, including attendance at events or related personal information.
- IP address information which allows us to track your usage of our website.
- Information related to any query, complaint, claim or case involving both us and you including any related communications.
- Content, including video and audio recordings, photographs or other content, created during one of our marketing campaigns, taken at an event, opening or pop-up.
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Information that you’ve inputted into our website; through your customer account, from orders you’ve placed, from communication and correspondence you’ve had with us, through entries to competitions or promotions, applications for jobs or to attend events, or through other interactions with us
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From individuals known to you, who gave us your personal information, in order for us to process an order of products as a gift to you.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process your personal information to carry out and perform our relationship with you.
- Process your personal information so that we can handle any order that you, or an individual known to you has placed with us, and where the delivery is for you, and to pick, pack, despatch, ship and track that order so that we can make sure it arrives safely.
- Perform a contract we have entered into with you, which covers your relationship with us, or to take steps to enter into that contract.
- Send you any direct marketing materials or campaigns in relation to our products or services that you have given consent to be sent to you.
- Process your personal information in order to manage our social media or relationship with you online. We may rely on your specific consent in order to do this, e.g. if you provide us with a video, photograph or content for us to use.
- Comply with a legal obligation that applies to us; for example complying with laws relating to the sale of products to consumers or complying with data protection laws.
We may share this information with:
- Any third party that you have approved.
- Service providers that we may be working with to operate our business, for example Information Technology (IT) services suppliers, product reviews suppliers, logistics and warehousing providers, delivery and shipping providers, payment providers and deferred payment providers, fraud prevention organisations, marketing and public relations (PR) service providers, market research and analysis providers, and data cleansing providers.
- Third parties that process personal information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
- Our legal advisers, or other professional advisers, including auditors.
- Professional advisors that you have appointed, for example a legal advisor.
- Social media and other online platforms where relevant to our relationship with you.
- Governmental entities, regulators, police, law enforcement agencies, security services, courts/tribunals to the extent where it’s necessary to:
- comply with a government request or applicable law and to respond to legal process;
- defend ourselves against third party claims; and
- assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
We may use your SMS details to send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us. Opt-in data and consent for text messaging will not be shared with any third parties except for messaging partners, for the purpose of enabling and operating our text messaging program.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep personal information for the duration of our relationship with you and usually for a period of six years after your last purchase or two years after you last used your account or interacted with one of our direct communications without ever purchasing from us.
We will then dispose your information by deleting it from our records and database(s).
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Exercising your rights
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com, if you wish to make a request.
You may request to access your personal information, obtain a copy of your personal information, correct your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete, delete or restrict sharing of your personal information in certain circumstances, and as provided by applicable law.
Non-Discrimination: We will treat you fairly and will not discriminate against you for making these requests. If you choose to delete your account, you are welcome to create a new account on our website whenever you wish.
Verification: To ensure the security and accuracy of your requests, we will verify them by either sending a message to the email address associated with your account (so it's important that you have access to this email account) or by asking you to provide information that matches what we have on record for you. We will process your request based on the personal information linked or reasonably linkable to the information provided in your request. In certain cases, we may ask for additional information to verify your request or to facilitate the processing of your request. If we cannot sufficiently verify a request, we will notify the individual making the request.
Authorized Agents: You, or an authorized agent acting on your behalf, may request to exercise your rights. Before we can fulfill a request from an authorized agent, we may require verification of your identity and proof that the agent has the authority to act on your behalf. We may also require the relevant consumer to directly verify their identity and confirm the agent's authority.
Contacting Us: If you have a request concerning your personal information that cannot be fulfilled through your account settings, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Denials and Appeals: If we deny your request, we will notify you and provide the reasons for the denial, along with instructions regarding your rights under applicable laws to appeal the decision. If your appeal is denied, we will inform you of your rights under applicable laws to contact the Attorney General and submit a complaint.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Laws and practices evolve and change over time, and as a result, we may need to revise our Privacy Notice. Any updates to our policy will be shared on our website.
In the event that we make significant changes to how we handle your personal information, we will notify you in advance.
This notification may be sent via email to the address we have on file, or if required by law, we may seek your consent before implementing these changes. We highly recommend that you take the time to read our Privacy Notice in full and stay informed about our practices.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
Additional State-Specific Information
Residents of California
For California residents, this section offers extra details about how we collect, use, and share personal information, which complements the information provided in our Privacy Notice above.
The terms used in this section align with the definitions specified in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and the regulations associated with it.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We collect the personal information detailed in the “The type of personal information we collect” section above. This information includes the following categories of personal information as defined under California law:
- personal Information described in California Section 1798.80(e);
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- commercial Information;
- internet or other electronic activity information;
- geolocation data;
- audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- sensitive personal information, specifically: (a) login, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; and (b) precise geolocation information.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
The personal information that we handle can vary depending on our relationship and interactions with you. As outlined in the section "How we get the personal information and why we have it," we may share the categories of personal information mentioned earlier for business purposes. We may disclose this information to various recipients who have received it within the last 12 months, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, vendors involved in order processing, fulfillment, shipping, and logistics, payment processors and financial institutions, analytics and research vendors, information technology vendors, fraud prevention and security vendors, vendors supporting legal, compliance, accounting, audits, and other internal functions, as well as specific marketing and advertising vendors.
Categories of Personal Information Shared with Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as marketing and advertising networks and social platforms, for the purpose of behavioral advertising or as per your privacy settings and/or consent. Under California privacy laws, these disclosures may be considered a "sale" or "sharing" of your personal information. In California, a "sale" is defined as the act of disclosing or providing personal information to a third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, while "sharing" broadly includes disclosing or providing personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising or with affiliates and business partners.
At VE1N, we do not disclose, sell, share, or rent your personal information to third parties in exchange for money or compensation. Additionally, we do not "sell" or "share" sensitive personal information, nor do we "sell" or "share" any personal information about individuals who we know are under the age of 18.
The following is an overview of the categories of third parties with whom we share your information and the categories of personal information they receive:
|Categories of Third Parties
|Categories of Personal Information
|Advertising and Social Platforms and Networks
|• Device information
|• Online Activity and Browsing Information
|Third Party Partners Connected to Your Membership (in accordance with your privacy settings and/or your consent)
|• Commercial Information
Residents of California have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- to know what personal information is collected;
- to access personal information;
- to correct personal information;
- to delete personal information;
- to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information;
- to opt-out of “sharing” of personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising;
- to limit the use of sensitive personal information; and
- to non-discrimination.
These rights are further detailed in ”Your data protection rights”, above. California residents may exercise their privacy rights by following the instructions included in the “Exercising your rights” section above.
Information for Residents of Virginia
Personal Information Collected We collect the personal information outlined in the "Personal Information We Collect" section mentioned above.
Purposes of Processing Personal Information The purposes for processing personal information are described in detail in the "How and Why We Use Personal Information" section.
Disclosure of Personal Information We disclose and share your personal information as described in the "How We Disclose and Share Personal Information" section.
Personal Information Processed for Targeted Advertising We process and disclose the following categories of personal information for targeted advertising: identifiers, device information, online activity and browsing information, and inferences. We share each of these categories of personal information with Advertising and Social Platforms and Networks.
Residents of Virginia have the following rights concerning their personal information:
- to access personal information;
- to correct personal information;
- to delete personal information;
- to opt-out of targeted advertising;
- to non-discrimination;
- to appeal.
These rights are further detailed in ”Your data protection rights”, above. Residents of Virginia may exercise their privacy rights by following the instructions included in the “Exercising your rights” section above.